Meet Thomas Woodruff
Thomas Woodruff grew up in the Tampa Bay area and attended public schools in St. Petersburg, where he graduated from Northeast High School. After attending college at Florida State University
and receiving his law degree from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University
, he returned to Florida.
Attorney Thomas Woodruff has been helping injured people since his graduation from law school in 1969. He first associated with large and medium sized law firms, where he began to build his reputation as a civil trial lawyer. He established his own law firm, Woodruff Injury Law
, in 1975 and has been practicing personal injury law ever since. The law firm
is formally known as Thomas M. Woodruff, P.A.. Tom enjoys helping injured people recover from their injuries and works to see that justice is done in every case.
First in Orlando and then in St. Petersburg, Attorney Thomas Woodruff always combined his legal career with public service. He served as a legislative aide to a State Senator and as an attorney for the Pinellas County Legislative Delegation. In 1976 he was elected to the Florida House of Representatives, where he served until 1988. In his freshman term, Representative Thomas Woodruff was selected a top ten outstanding freshman legislator. In subsequent sessions he chaired the Republican Task Force on Drug Abuse and served 12 years on the Insurance Committee. Significant legislation passed by Representative Thomas Woodruff included—
- “Work Fair” requiring able bodied welfare recipients to work
- The Juvenile Arbitration Program requiring juveniles to take responsibility for their actions
- The Home Heath Care Registration Act, protecting those in need of home heath care
- Unemployment Compensation Probationary Period act increasing employment opportunities and lowering employers’ unemployment taxes
- Legislation allowing judges to deny convicted felons early parole
While practicing law, Attorney Thomas Woodruff served as a municipal Prosecutor and Municipal Judge. He also stays active in his college and law school alumni organizations and donates generous sums to his alma maters
so that current generations of students can have the same opportunities he had.
Admitted to practice
- Florida, 1969
- Colorado, 2000
- Florida State University, B.S., 1965
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., 1969
- Clerked with the law firm of Thomas, Taliaferro, Forman, Burr & Murray(n/k/a/ Burr & Forman LLC), one of Alabama’s most prestigious law firms with over a century of legal history
- Cordell Hull Chapter, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity